Welcome to the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS)
|IMPORTANT: Advance notice of essential maintenance work scheduled for 02:00 – 03:00 GMT on 30 January 2015. |
Note: IRAS will be inaccessible during this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
30 September 2014: Terms of the Sponsor declaration have been updated to include
a statement that clinical trials have been registered. More information on this change is provided
19 May 2014: REC and non-NHS SSI forms are now electronically submitted.
This change accompanies other changes to the REC application process, including
how applications are booked. Please refer to the
HRA website and
Updates page for more information.
28 April 2014: Electronic authorisation has become mandatory for declarations in
some forms from today.
for more information.
|The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS):|
IRAS captures the information needed for the relevant approvals from the following review bodies:
- Is a single system for applying for the permissions and approvals for health and social care / community care research in the UK
- Enables you to enter the information about your project once instead of duplicating information in separate application forms
- Uses filters to ensure that the data collected and collated is appropriate to the type of study, and consequently the permissions and approvals required
- Helps you to meet regulatory and governance requirements
Please help us to improve IRAS by sending your feedback to email@example.com. Your comments and suggestions will be included in the next review of the system.
- Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee (ARSAC)
- Gene Therapy Advisory Committee (GTAC)
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- NHS / HSC R&D offices
- NRES/ NHS / HSC Research Ethics Committees
- Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG), formerly the National Information Governance Board (NIGB)
- National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
- Social Care Research Ethics Committee