Before you use IRAS:
- You will need to set up an account. This only takes a few minutes and is done through the Create Account section of the website. Alternatively if in the past you used the NRES online form system you will be able to use your NRES login details to access IRAS.
- Please use the free e-learning module to familiarise yourself with IRAS. New users are advised to use the free e-learning tool to familiarise themselves with the layout, functionality and navigation that is available in IRAS. You do not need to register to use this tool and you can choose whether to you work through the whole training module, which will take about 1 hour, or just dip into particular sections of the training.
Some key points to remember when using IRAS:
- Completing the project filter customises the dataset according to type of research project, disabling questions and sections that are not relevant.
- The "Full Set of Project Data" or "Integrated Dataset" contains the questions and sections that need completing for all of the forms that you need to submit. Note that you will need to submit the separate application forms and not the integrated dataset.
- We recommend that you complete your data in the integrated dataset as this will populate all your forms. If you do complete the answers in a specific form then the same questions in other forms in other forms will be completed at the same time. However, if you take this approach, you may need to complete questions in other forms that are not present in forms that you have already completed.
- When you have a specific application form selected, the tabs and questions shown on the right hand side of the navigation page will be specific to that particular application. This includes the submission instructions and the checklist for that particular application.
- IRAS contains question-specific guidance, which is accessed by clicking the buttons alongside a question.
- The Help section in IRAS contains all the guidance.
If you require help with the technical aspects of using the on-line form, please contact the IT Helpdesk on 0207 099 2015 or email email@example.com.
For advice on completing and submitting applications please contact the relevant review body. The contact details for the review bodies are given on the Contact Us page.