Welcome to the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS)
29 November 2015: IRAS updated to v5.2. This version includes updates to support the next phase of roll out of HRA Approval. Applicants are strongly recommended to refer to the Updates page for more information about the updates and new data flows being implemented linked to HRA Approval.
9 October 2015: IRAS updated to v5.1. This version includes: a substantial revision of the application for the National Offender Management Service (NOMS), which affects e-authorisations for this form; revision of check box options for questions A36 and A72 of the integrated dataset; and updates to the Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) form checklist. All users should go to the Updates page for more information.
10 August 2015: IRAS updated to v5.0. This version adds a new combined application form for projects seeking HRA Approval and includes revisions to question A68-2, which is enabled in projects that are eligible or potentially eligible for NIHR CRN portfolio. You are strongly advised to refer to the Updates page for more information.
|The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS):|
IRAS captures the information needed for the relevant approvals from the following review bodies:
- Is a single system for applying for the permissions and approvals for health and social care / community care research in the UK
- Enables you to enter the information about your project once instead of duplicating information in separate application forms
- Uses filters to ensure that the data collected and collated is appropriate to the type of study, and consequently the permissions and approvals required
- Helps you to meet regulatory and governance requirements
Please help us to improve IRAS by sending your feedback to email@example.com. Your comments and suggestions will be included in the next review of the system.
- Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee (ARSAC)
- Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG)
- Gene Therapy Advisory Committee (GTAC)
- Health Research Authority (HRA) for projects seeking HRA Approval
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- NHS / HSC R&D offices
- NHS / HSC Research Ethics Committees
- National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
- Social Care Research Ethics Committee