Welcome to the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THOSE CURRENTLY APPLYING, OR PREPARING TO APPLY, FOR: HRA APPROVAL; NHS/HSC R&D PERMISSION; or NHS REC.
Please refer to the Updates page for information on immediate and imminent changes that will affect these applications.
28 January 2016: IRAS updated to v5.2.1.
This version is a maintenance release; however it includes system updates that affect some electronic authorisations. Applicants are strongly recommended to refer to the Updates page for more information about how this version release may have affected your existing project(s).
18 December 2015 - 24 March 2016: Public consultation on UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research. The Health Research Authority (HRA) and the Devolved Administrations are developing a new UK-wide policy framework that sets out principles of good practice in the management and conduct of health and social care research in the UK. The public consultation on this UK-wide policy framework is now underway - please click here for more information and to respond to this consultation.
29 November 2015: IRAS updated to v5.2.This version includes updates to support the next phase of roll out of HRA Approval. Applicants are strongly recommended to refer to the Updates page for more information about the updates and new data flows being implemented linked to HRA Approval.
|The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS):|
IRAS captures the information needed for the relevant approvals from the following review bodies:
- Is a single system for applying for the permissions and approvals for health and social care / community care research in the UK
- Enables you to enter the information about your project once instead of duplicating information in separate application forms
- Uses filters to ensure that the data collected and collated is appropriate to the type of study, and consequently the permissions and approvals required
- Helps you to meet regulatory and governance requirements
Please help us to improve IRAS by sending your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments and suggestions will be included in the next review of the system.
- Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee (ARSAC)
- Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG)
- Gene Therapy Advisory Committee (GTAC)
- Health Research Authority (HRA) for projects seeking HRA Approval
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- NHS / HSC R&D offices
- NHS / HSC Research Ethics Committees
- National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
- Social Care Research Ethics Committee