Welcome to the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS)
| IMPORTANT: Advance notice of essential maintenance work scheduled for 7 May 2016 - information for users about expected system availability.
IRAS will not be available to users from 22.00-23.00 BST on Saturday 7 May 2016 while essential maintenance work is carried out.
3 April 2016: IRAS updated to v5.3.
HRA Approval is now the process for applying for approvals for all project-based research in the NHS led from England. This version release includes updates to support this stage of HRA Approval implementation. Applicants are strongly recommended to refer to the Updates page for more information.
28 January 2016: IRAS updated to v5.2.1.
This version is a maintenance release; however it includes system updates that affect some electronic authorisations. Applicants are strongly recommended to refer to the Updates page for more information about how this version release may have affected your existing project(s).
29 November 2015: IRAS updated to v5.2.This version includes updates to support the next phase of roll out of HRA Approval. Applicants are strongly recommended to refer to the Updates page for more information about the updates and new data flows being implemented linked to HRA Approval.
|The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS):|
IRAS captures the information needed for the relevant approvals from the following review bodies:
- Is a single system for applying for the permissions and approvals for health and social care / community care research in the UK
- Enables you to enter the information about your project once instead of duplicating information in separate application forms
- Uses filters to ensure that the data collected and collated is appropriate to the type of study, and consequently the permissions and approvals required
- Helps you to meet regulatory and governance requirements
Please help us to improve IRAS by sending your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments and suggestions will be included in the next review of the system.
- Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee (ARSAC)
- Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG)
- Gene Therapy Advisory Committee (GTAC)
- Health Research Authority (HRA) for projects seeking HRA Approval
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- NHS / HSC R&D offices
- NHS / HSC Research Ethics Committees
- National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
- Social Care Research Ethics Committee