Welcome to the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS) online guide.
The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS) is a single system for applying for the permissions and approvals for health and social/community care research in the UK.
The aim of this online guide is to provide clear instructions on the use of IRAS. This guide is designed to help those who apply for approvals, as well as those who review and/or authorise projects to familiarise themselves with IRAS and get the best out of it.
This guide covers:
- What IRAS is and who should use it
- How to apply for approvals in IRAS
- Useful tips on IRAS functionality (the project filter, using contacts etc)
- How to submit forms for approval
Throughout the guide you will see this icon by clicking on it you will be able to see an example screen shot of the IRAS website.
There are two ways to navigate your way through this guide:
- Using Navigate Content in the top left hand corner of each page
- Using the Next and Back buttons at the bottom of each page – this is recommended if you are new to IRAS
Note: The Back and Forward arrows on your browser are also useful (e.g. if you’ve used a link in one section to go to another and then want to go back).
This module does not provide guidance on answering specific questions within forms, however, it will help direct you to guidance available on IRAS and external review body websites.
If you would like to provide feedback on this online guide, please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.