Welcome to the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS)
11 May 2015: HRA Approval now available
for health services research studies in England involving NHS staff as
participants. HRA Approval, which is the
new approval that will be required for research to commence in the NHS in
England, is being implemented in phases. From today, studies within the scope
of the first phase may apply through this new process.
Please refer to the guidance for applicants on the HRA website for more information.
1 April 2015: IRAS updated to v4.0. This version includes revision to the statements in the Sponsor declaration, which affects e-authorisations for this declaration. It also includes: improvements to the My Projects page, change to password requirements, changes to IRAS project filter defaults, and references to ‘NIGB’ have been updated to ‘CAG’. Please refer to Updates for more information.
|The Integrated Research Application System (IRAS):|
IRAS captures the information needed for the relevant approvals from the following review bodies:
- Is a single system for applying for the permissions and approvals for health and social care / community care research in the UK
- Enables you to enter the information about your project once instead of duplicating information in separate application forms
- Uses filters to ensure that the data collected and collated is appropriate to the type of study, and consequently the permissions and approvals required
- Helps you to meet regulatory and governance requirements
Please help us to improve IRAS by sending your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments and suggestions will be included in the next review of the system.
- Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee (ARSAC)
- Gene Therapy Advisory Committee (GTAC)
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- NHS / HSC R&D offices
- NRES/ NHS / HSC Research Ethics Committees
- Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG)
- National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
- Social Care Research Ethics Committee