1.5 Creating an account
IRAS can be used by:
- Those who are applying for research approvals / permissions; as well as
- Those responsible for the review and/or authorisation of individual research projects (e.g. investigators, radiation experts, sponsor representatives, academic supervisors, etc).
Regardless of how you wish to use IRAS the first thing you will need is an IRAS account.
You can create an account by clicking on the 'Create Account' link from the main menu bar on the IRAS Home page.
This takes you to a form which must be filled in to register an account. Most of the fields on the form are required and if you miss any of them the system will flag this to you when you press the register button.
An email address is required to complete the registration process and once registered this will become your username. After 'registering' your details, IRAS will email you an activation code and a link which must be used to complete the registration process. If for some reason you do not receive the automatic email, please call Technical support and they will be able to help you complete the registration process.
It is important to remember the following when registering:
- Your email address needs to be accurate in order to receive the automated activation email.
- If you do not receive the automated email after about 1 hour please telephone Technical support for assistance.
- If you have more than one email address, remember which one you used to create your IRAS account.
- You will need to create a password that includes both letters and numbers, which is at least 8 characters long.
- Try and pick a password that no one will guess (avoid the obvious such as family member names and birthdates).
- If you have any trouble at all please call the helpdesk during normal working hours
- You must ensure that your email address is kept up to date within IRAS ‘My Account’.